Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin talks Trump, “Leadership: In Turbulent Times,” and dead presidents.
A Santa Barbara Episcopal priest paid the price of standing up for social justice in the ’60s.
Key reform would require "objective design review" standards.
Rachel and Tim Ward focus on homegrown products at Goleta coffeehouse.
Kolars, Private Island, Shook Twins, Jade Jackson, and more.
A giant paddle-out commemorated the life of the beloved surfer.
- Regional Control in Crosshairs in State Housing CrisisKey reform would require "objective design review" standards.
- Behrens Denied Access to Memo That Helped Demote HimJudge says district still must provide more complete accounting of job-performance issues.
- Supervisor Peter Adam Not Running for Third TermHe instead announced his support of early candidate Bob Nelson.
- El Plan De Santa Barbara Celebrates 50 YearsUCSB conference scheduled for February 22-23.
- Magic Castle Cabaret Opens!Private club features magicians from Hollywood's Magic Castle.
- Gaucho Volleyballers Seek First National CrownUCSB coach Rick McLaughlin and hitter Corey Chavers rise above UCLA.
- Russian Week for CAMA, Opera Santa BarbaraRussian National Orchestra appearance to be followed by Tchaikovsky opera.
- Santa Barbara County Joins Fray in Suing Big OpioidSanta Barbara County joins 1,500 other lawsuits against opioid manufacturing companies, but the United States stays out of the fray.
- When a Community Takes a Stand for LiteracyA successful method exists to teach dyslexic students to read, and Santa Barbara Unified is expanding its program.
- Safe and Sound BridgeThis bridge is not “troubled.” Desire for “free” money above all else is troubling.