But officials caution the drought is far from over.
It's been a busy year for Kenny Kahn and his tribe.
Santa Barbara is resurrecting its chapter.
Coach Andrew Checketts tightens the reins after an uneasy season start.
Lisa's Place is one of a kind.
Flowering plant hadn't been seen on Channel Islands in more than a century.
- School District Tackles $2.5 Million ProblemTeaching positions and operating budgets are getting chopped.
- ACLU Mounts a ComebackSanta Barbara is resurrecting its chapter.
- Transgender Community Space OpensLisa's Place is one of a kind.
- Land Trust Moves Closer to Paying Off Carp BluffsRecent $450,000 payment meant to offset impacts of nearby 101 widening.
- Rickie Lee Jones, Madeleine Peyroux Prove Small Is BeautifulThe singing duo commanded the Arlington Theatre by way of New Orleans on March 17.
- Wildlife Care Network Holds Annual Benefit for WildlifeSanta Barbara Zoo CEO Rich Block is speaker.
- ‘Configuration’ Explores Social EmpowermentS.B. Dance Arts offers up a view of the female experience.
- Planet PioneerProfessor Garrett Hardin (b. 1915), pioneer in the life sciences later consolidated as ecology, taught biology at UCSB.
- A Story of an Elder ChumashIn the year 1961, my grandma, Irene Valencia Cordero, was taken from the reservation after remarrying to a Caucasian.
- On the Beach at BocasBarney considers island life on Panama's archipelago.