Fire crews are preparing to defend Montecito and plan to catch the blaze at Gibraltar.
The Thomas Fire grew by 3,700 acres Monday; 20 percent contained.
The Eastside institution is offering indoor activities and food this week.
Many laborers have been forced to work without face masks, and Westside immigrant residents were unaware of warnings.
Mexican restaurant offering free meals at all four locations.
Gaviota resident made ‘The Endless Summer’ and the Oscar-nominated ‘On Any Sunday.’
- Thomas Fire Creeps into Montecito Foothills as Crews Establish Camp at CachumaThe fire grew by 3,300 acres on Tuesday and is now 25 percent contained.
- County Supervisors Vote Against Paid Leave for Evacuees The county supervisors vote against 40 hours of paid leave for Thomas Fire evacuees.
- Randy Rowse Explains His Objection to Recreational Pot RegulationsWith alcohol, cigarettes, and opioids, why double down on cannabis? he asks.
- Kids Play Free at La Casa de la RazaThe Eastside institution is offering indoor activities and food this week.
- Teen Star Finalists 2018 AnnouncedTen young Santa Barbarans are chosen for the eighth annual competition taking place on February 24.
- Living the Dream with Alastair GreeneThe Santa Barbara rocker celebrates 20 years in the business with a show at SOhO.
- Atlas Rehabilitation for Canines Opens Its DoorsKaren Atlas starts her own rehab center on upper State Street.
- A Dreamer's JourneyLooking out the window, the monsoon / wind raging above the waves, blowing / the smell of the Indian Ocean ...
- Thinking Bigger than the Net Neutrality DebateInternet access should be recognized as a utility, not a market.
- Gun Violence Continues to Affect Santa BarbaraAnd Congress wants universal concealed-carry laws.